In this article, you will find information on spending an amazing one day in Kutná Hora, Czech Republic
Kutná Hora is one of the impressive highlights of the Czech tourism. It is a small city just like many small cities in this Central European country. Except it is a world-famous travel destination that enjoys UNESCO-protection and lures more hundreds of thousands of tourists yearly
Why? Let me share with you this sightseeing guide to spending one day in Kutná Hora!
(one day in Kutná Hora)
First of all head to the Sedlec district of the city. It is home to two amazing sights. Both are unique
Your first stop is an impressive Church of the Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. One of the biggest churches in the world at its time of construction, this church is a breathtaking example of the combination of Gothic and Baroque architecture
Information about admission to the Church of the Assumption can be found HERE
The next sight is what makes Kutná Hora stand out in the world. It is the Sedlec Ossuary more famous with its other name “Bone Chapel”
The interior of this small Baroque chapel is made of the bones and skulls of more than 40 000 people. This sight is breathtaking and macabre at the same time, a true one-of-a-kind experience!
Also, Sedlec Ossuary is one of the most visited places in the Czech Republic
For the information about admission to the Sedlec Ossuary go HERE
After exploring Sedlec part of the city head to the city centre. You can take a 15-minute walk, take a bus or a taxi
For a lunch break:
- Hruškovna – nice Czech cuisine restaurant with tasty food and affordable prices. They have 119 CZK (4.50 EUR) daily menus from 11:00 – 15:00
- V Ruthardce – a charming medieval-themed restaurant in the heart of the Old Town with delicious food and great views
- Restaurace Dačický – a typical Czech restaurant with an authentic atmosphere and nice portions
For a coffee:
- Café 21 – small and cosy coffee shop in the Old Town
- Na Kozím plácku – great atmosphere and nice coffee
- Blues Café – cool blues-themed place
(one day in Kutná Hora)
Another spectacular highlight of Kutná Hora is the Saint Barbara’s Church!
With its splendid double-arched flying buttresses and Late Gothic architecture, this Church is a breathtaking sight to explore
For the best view over Saint Barbara’s Church head to the Pacákovy sady park
Information about the admission to the Saint Barbara’s Church can be found HERE
To spend a pleasant afternoon explore the amazing Old Town of Kutná Hora!
The things to see in Kutná Hora include:
- Italian Court – the former royal palace and royal mint
- Jesuit College housing the Gallery of the Central Bohemian Region
- Museum of Silver
- Corpus Christi Chapel – containing one of the best preserved High Gothic interiors in the Czech Republic
- a picturesque Late Gothic Stone Fountain
Check out my articles about Prague:
- 9 awesome reasons to visit Prague and fall in love with it
- TOP 5 Free Things to Do in Prague
- 5 amazing views of Prague and where to see them
Thank you for reading!
Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/de_weg_
Follow me on INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/de_weg_/
Like Svitforyou FACEBOOK page: https://www.facebook.com/svitforyou/